OUR RECIPES > Cheese-lovers' corner
Bûche du Pilat Cheese Cake Pops
For the cakes Pops For the icing
– 125 g (1 cup) of flour – 250 g (8.8 oz) of Mascarpone cheese
– 6 g (1/2 tbsp) de levure – 40 g (2 tbsp) of poppy seeds
– 60 ml (1 cup) of milk – 40 g (1/4 cup) of crushed hazelnuts
– 80 g (1/2 cup) of butter – Turmeric
– 80 g (2.8 oz) of Bûche du Pilat Cheese – Tandoori spice powder
– 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
– salt / pepper
For the cake pops:
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Mix together the milk, egg, egg yolk and melted butter.
Stir in the flour and baking powder. Season.
Cut the Bûche du Pilat cheese into cubes.
Spoon the mixture into the bottom half of the cake pop maker moulds then add a cube of Bûche du Pilat cheese.
Close the lid and bake for 15 minutes.
For the icing:
Melt the mascarpone cheese in a bain-marie.
Divide the melted mascarpone cheese into three separate dishes.
Add the turmeric to one dish, the tandoori spice powder to another and leave the last dish plain.
Place the Cake Pops onto sticks and dip in the icing.
Ice one third of the cake pops with plain mascarpone, one third with turmeric and the last third with tandoori spice powder.
Dip in poppy seeds or crushed hazelnuts to decorate.