OUR RECIPES > Cheese-lovers' corner
Cured ham and Pavé d’Affinois Original cheese maki
– 300 g (10.5 oz) of Pavé d’Affinois Original cheese
– 6 seaweed sheets – 13 g (2 tbsp) of sugar
– 300 g (105 oz) of sushi rice – 5 g (1/2 tbsp) of salt
– 330 g (11.5 oz) of water – 6 slices of cured ham
– 5 cl (3.3 tbsp) of rice vinegar – 10 cl (1/2 cup) of Soy sauce
Place the rice in a strainer and rinse with cold water for 5 minutes until water runs clear.
Put the washed rice and water in a saucepan and cover. Simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes (until all the water has evaporated), then remove from the heat and let stand for another 10 minutes in the saucepan to finish cooking.
Tip the rice into a large bowl then add the vinegar, salt and sugar and stir the mixture thoroughly. Leave to cool.
Cut the cheese into large sticks and roll the cured ham around them. Cut the seaweed sheets into 3 or 4 pieces. Lay a seaweed sheet onto a sushi rolling mat, spread the rice onto the sheet, arrange the cheese sticks and ham down the centre lengthwise and then roll up using the rolling mat.
Repeat these steps with the remaining sheets and cut the rolls into 6 pieces.
Serve with soy sauce.